Welcome to Arden....
Arden is situated in pleasant surroundings in Knowle, Solihull. It is an oversubscribed 11-18 High Performing Specialist Academy. At Arden we pride ourselves on doing the very best for every pupil, helping them achieve their full educational potential as they develop into happy, well-rounded young adults, of whom we can be very proud. In return for doing our best, we expect every pupil to match up to the high academic and personal standards that we set as a pre-requisite for being part of the Arden family. Arden is a place where a child can really flourish and we will do our very best to see them reach their maximum personal and academic potential.
Our website will hopefully give you an insight into life at our Academy and illustrate the strength of relationships with students, parents and the wider community. Indeed, Ofsted reported that 'Arden is an outstanding school at the heart of the community where students thrive. They develop into confident, articulate young people who trust and care for each other'.
Our Mission Statement
Arden is a centre of excellence; we have the very highest aspirations across the whole range of curricular and extra-curricular work. Outstanding academic performance is underpinned by exemplary care and guidance; our ethos is fundamental in ensuring that everyone works together and is supported and challenged appropriately to achieve their very best. We pride ourselves in being a happy and safe school rooted in the local community.
- Arden aims to prepare each pupil to get the very best out of their lives
- Arden aims to make a suitable environment and create an atmosphere for achievement
- Arden aims to enable pupils to find enjoyment in learning through doing
- Arden aims to teach community spirit and our place in the global world
- Arden aims to ensure each individual is valued equally
- Arden believes all pupils have the right to learn and achieve uninterrupted by others
- Arden believes all pupils have the right to be able to take risks with their learning in a happy and secure school
- Arden believes all members of our community will co-operate with others and will be polite, considerate and honest
- Arden believes all members of our community will accept that with rights go personal responsibilities
- Arden believes all members of our community expect high standards of behaviour and promote an understanding of the difference between right and wrong
- Arden believes all pupils have the right to have their progress monitored and be provided with regular, constructive feedback and the setting of challenging but realistic future targets