Coronavirus (COVID-19): support for parents and carers to keep children safe online
PREVENT & Educate Against Hate
As you know we are working hard with our pupils to ensure they have a good and balanced understanding of extremism. As part of this we have been asked by the Government to share information with you as parents/guardians about the current policies and support networks.
Please see the attached info leaflet regarding the 'PREVENT' strategy and also a link to the 'Educate Against Hate' website:
Safe Internet Access
- The evaluation of on-line materials is a part of every subject using the Internet.
- The school will work in partnership with Solihull MBC to ensure filtering systems are as effective as possible.
- If staff or pupils discover unsuitable sites, the URL, time and date must be reported to the school e-Safety Co-ordinator or ICT Support Staff.
- We are aware of the need to ensure that filtering policies take account of new developments on the Internet and they are regularly updated by Solihull MBC Network Team and the Network Manager.
- The Network Manager will ensure that regular checks are made to ensure that the filtering methods selected are appropriate, effective and reasonable.
More information about internet safety from Government website:
The ‘Let’s Talk About It’ website is an initiative designed to provide practical help and guidance to the public in order to stop people becoming terrorists or supporting terrorism; please see the link to their website: