Free School Meals
We emailed all parents/guardians of pupils in receipt of Free School Meals (FSM) regarding a voucher scheme.
Please note; this is for Arden pupils only. If you have any children at other schools, please contact that school directly to enquire about their FSM arrangements.
If you need to claim Free School Meals
Free school meals (FSM) are available to pupils in receipt of, or whose parents are in receipt of, one or more of the following benefits:
- Universal Credit (provided you have an annual net earned income of no more than £7,400, as assessed by earnings from up to three of your most recent assessment periods)
- Income Support
- Income-based Jobseeker’s Allowance
- Income-related Employment and Support Allowance
- Support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- The guarantee element of Pension Credit
- Child Tax Credit (provided you’re not also entitled to Working Tax Credit and have an annual gross income of no more than £16,190)
- Working Tax Credit run-on - paid for four weeks after you stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit
You can apply online via: https://www.solihull.gov.uk/fsm
We are currently supporting our pupils who are eligible for FSM by emailing an e-voucher to a nominated parent/guardian. We will contact you about this if your child becomes eligible for FSM.
Fraud warning - free school meals
The Department for Education has been informed that some parents have received an email stating the following:
'As schools will be closing, if you're entitled to free school meals, please send your bank details and we'll make sure you're supported'
This is a scam email - no one should respond to it and it should be deleted immediately.