Current Arden Buildings and Facilities
- One of the country’s highest performing academies.
- Rated as “Outstanding” by Ofsted.
- The school has an impact on house prices.
- Whilst we have had some new development, the bulk of our premises are no longer fit for purpose and hinder the incredible potential for student attainment and wider community use.
- Much of the site is over 50 years old. For example, the school hall and dining area are largely the same as when built in the 1960’s and no longer fit for purpose.
- Vital monies that could be spent on Teaching and Learning are wasted on trying to rejuvenate facilities and renovate the building.
- Traffic congestion on Station Road since there is only one access point for vehicles to the site.
- Some £100,000 per year could be saved by having an energy efficient building.
- The facilities for the wider community are also very poor – for Leisure, Indoor and Outdoor Sport, no floodlit pitches, no Gym, poor toilet and changing facilities, Drama, Music, Youth Club Facilities and meeting spaces.
- The investment required to update our present site is around £18m. These sums of money from the public purse are no longer available.
- Even if they were Arden would be a building site for over 10 years, actually hindering student attainment.
- Every school in North Solihull has been either rebuilt or refurbished